High Fidelity, Inc. ("High Fidelity") respects the privacy of its online visitors and users of its products and
services. We recognize the importance of protecting information collected from our users and have adopted this
services and online sites in accordance with local law in the places where we operate.
By using our online sites, products, and services (collectively, the "Service"), you agree that we may collect
personally identifiable information (as defined below). We will not share your personally identifiable information
except as described herein.
- Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information - personal information and anonymous information - and we may use
personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. Personal
Information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as
the individual's first and last name, postal address, e-mail address and/or telephone number. Anonymous
Information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to
identify, an individual (including an individual's computing device). Aggregate Information means information
about groups or categories of individuals which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an
individual. We may share Aggregate and Anonymous Information with other parties without restriction.
We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, which may include your first name and
surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, username and password.
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us,
whether on our sites or through our applications, including your postal address, telephone number and
payment information. If you conduct transactions, we may collect and retain some or all of the information
related to these transactions, including transaction amount(s), parties involved, time and manner of
exchange, and other transaction circumstances.
- Information you provide in public forums on our Service. Please note that our sites and applications may
offer chat, forums, community environments (including multiplayer gameplay) or other tools that do not have
a restricted audience. If you provide Personal Information when you use any of these features, that Personal
Information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a
third party. We have no obligation to keep private personally identifiable information that you have made
available to other users or the public using these functions. To request removal of your Personal
Information from a public forum on one of our sites or applications, please contact Customer Support.
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar
functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites
or platforms (such as social networking sites), or link your profile from a third-party site or platform to
your registered account.
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either
provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP
address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites,
use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open e-mails that we send.
Additionally there are a few special circumstances to note:
How We Collect Your Information
- Intellectual Property Claim Notices: If you notify us of an intellectual property claim, the information in
your claim notice may be shared with other parties to the disagreement or third parties in our discretion
and as required by law.
- Beta Service User: If you volunteer to serve as a beta participant for our pre-commercial content, we may
track bug reports and individual system performance in an effort to test our technology rigorously before it
- Former Customer: If you discontinue your use of our Service, we may keep your registration file in our
database for use in the event that you elect to renew your use of our Service, as well as for anti-fraud and
other such protective measures.
- Job Postings or Unsolicited Communications: Please note that information we receive in reference to a job
however information from your resume will be used solely for the purpose of evaluating your candidacy for
We collect information you provide to us when you request products, services or information from us, register
with us, participate in public forums or other activities on our sites and applications, respond to customer
inquiries or surveys, or otherwise interact with us.
Use of Your Information by High Fidelity
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies and other technologies (such as web beacons and
pixel tags), including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party
sites or platforms. A cookie is a small string of data which often includes an anonymous unique identifier
sent to your Internet browser from a website's computers, which is stored on your computer's hard drive and
is used to customize your use of a product or online site, keep records of your access to an online site or
product, or store information needed by you on a regular basis (e.g. password retention functionality). High
relating to our websites, applications and services, including to access your account information where you
"login" to our websites, forums or other areas and to keep track of your website session data. You can
configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each
browser is different, so consult the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how you change your cookie
preferences. Please note that if you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use certain of our (or other
companies') web pages.
- We may participate in ad and/or affiliate networks operated by various third party companies. These
companies collect and may use certain anonymous information about your visits to our Service as a function
of referring Internet traffic to our Service. We do not permit these companies to collect any Personal
Information about you; however these companies may collect your IP address. These companies may set and use
cookies, web beacons, pixels and other technologies to collect anonymous information about your visits to
our Service, and may otherwise aggregate, analyze and anonymize that data. If you would like to learn more
about these specialized advertising technologies, the Network Advertising Initiative offers useful
information about Internet advertising companies, including information about how to opt-out of certain
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we
collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information
with us before we can acquire it.
High Fidelity will be the data controller for your information, and will have access to your information for use
for the following purposes (unless prohibited by law):
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on
our sites and applications or changes to our policies
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you:
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or, as permitted, third-party products
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party
sites and applications.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Except under certain limited circumstances as set forth here and in our Terms of Service, High Fidelity does not
disclose to third parties the Personal Information or other account-related information that you provide to us
without your permission. You understand, however, that High Fidelity may disclose your Personal Information or
other account-related information under the following circumstances:
Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary under applicable law, or to comply with legal
process served on High Fidelity;
- In order to protect and defend the rights or interests of High Fidelity, its products and services, and/or
the other users of such products and services;
- In order to report to law enforcement authorities, or assist in their investigation of suspected illegal or
wrongful activity, or to report any instance in which we believe a person may be in danger;
- To service providers with whom we have contracted to assist us with the features or operations (such as
anti-fraud functions, billing, collections, registration, customer support, e-mail delivery, age
verification), to fulfill your service requests, offer new content or help us improve our products and/or
services. Our contracts with third parties prohibit them from using any of your Personal Information for
purposes unrelated to the product or services they are providing;
- To other third parties (a) to provide you with services you have requested, (b) to offer you information
about our products or services (e.g. events or features), or (c) to whom you explicitly ask us to send your
information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific
service). For instance, we may provide certain information to our payment processor, to credit card
associations, banks or issuers (if you are using a credit card), to PayPal (if you are using a PayPal
account), or to providers of other services you request. If you choose to use these third parties' products
or services, then their use of your information is governed by their privacy policies. You should evaluate
the practices of third party providers before deciding to use their services; and
- To other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity.
We will not share your Personal Information outside of High Fidelity except in limited circumstances,
Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
- When you allow us to share your Personal Information with another company, such as:
- Directing us to share your Personal Information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social
- Please note that once we share your Personal Information with another company, the information
received by the other company becomes subject to the other company's privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf; however, these companies are prohibited from using your
Personal Information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
- When we share Personal Information with third parties in connection with the sale of a business, to enforce
our Terms of Service or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our users and third parties, to comply
with legal process or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law.
We operate globally and may transfer your Personal Information to locations around the world for the purposes
we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your Personal Information in accordance with
changes to this privacy statement, and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what
information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. We reserve the
right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes
to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
Comments and Questions
Notice to California Residents:
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information
regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by High Fidelity to third parties for the third parties'
within the State of California. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or
write us at the address listed immediately above.